ST ERTH FILM CLUB:
The next film will be “Bohemian Rhapsody” this Saturday October 12 at the St Erth Church Hall (Old School). Doors open 7pm, Film 7.30pm. Entry £3 for members, £6 including membership for the initial viewing. Membership forms are available from the village shop or from Joyce Darvell 757169.
On Saturday the Farmers Market is in the chapel hall from 10am to 12 noon, selling fresh local vegetables, free range eggs, artisan bread, locally produced organic beef, pork, sausages and bacon, hot curries, home-made pasties, pies and quiches, flowers, delicious cakes, cards and craft. Then enjoy a cup of coffee and a chat with this week's refreshment hosts; St Erth Nursery.
St Erth Church Restoration Fund has arranged a shopping visit by coach to Exeter on Saturday December 7. Assorted pick up points from St Erth to Hayle from 8.30 to 9.00am The cost will be £16 for adults and £8 for children. Contact Frank Nolan 01736 756179, firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.
ST ERTH GUIDES:
Are you aged 10-14, wanting to get out there and do something different and make great friends along the way? St Erth Guides is for you! Guides take part in lots of exciting activities at regular meetings and go to special events and trips away. Guides also choose badges and awards to help learn new skills and try new challenges. Guides now meet on Tuesdays 7pm to 8.30pm at St Erth Church Hall (Old School)
For more information please contact Caroline Barton on 07881 715764.
ST ERTH CHURCH:
This Sunday October 13; Parish Eucharist Service 9.30am.
- 99 Club winners were drawn on Sunday October 6 by Rose Evans the winner was No 86 Joyce Anstice; second No 63 Helen Caseley; third No 23 Jim Oliver. Each number costs £1 for the fortnightly draw. For those that like to pay their annual subscriptions the cost is £26.00 per number; currently there are some spare numbers available. If anyone would like to support the church please contact Frank Nolan 01736 756179.
ST ERTH METHODISTS:
Last Sunday’s worship was led by Mr K Rule with Mrs Pamela Williams the organist. Ken read from Exodus ch.6 v1-13 the story of God telling Moses how he would redeem the Israelites from the Egyptians. Ken talked about redemption how God told Moses that the people must kill a perfect lamb and spread the blood over the doorposts so that where the blood was those people would be saved. For today the blood of Jesus redeems us and guarantees us eternal life if we are willing to ask for forgiveness and believe by faith in the saving grace of Jesus.
- This Sunday’s service at 11am will be in the Chapel Hall with Arthur and Jacqui White and we invite you to come and hear their amazing story which will be followed by a pasty lunch, you will all be very welcome.
- Today, Thursday, why not come along to the Bible Study with Rev Ed Myers from 11-12 noon as we start to look at the book of Romans in the Chapel kitchen.
- Tonight, Rev Ed Myers and his family will be hosting a South African evening with a meal, entertainment and information. Tel 01736 740345 for more details.
- Tomorrow, Friday, Youth Club meets in the Chapel hall from 4.30-approx. 5.30pm. Open to all 8 to 13-year olds.
- Tuesday Morning Prayers in the Chapel kitchen from 9.15-10am, please come and join with us in prayer time.
- 'Tea and Toast' follows from 10.30-12 noon with company, conversation and craft so just pop in and relax for a while. Everybody welcome.
- Next Tuesday 15 October Mr & Mrs Poad will be providing slide presentation;
- on Tuesday October 22 members will have an Alpha Beta afternoon; and
- on Tuesday October 29.there will be a Bingo afternoon.
The Club meets in the St Erth Church Hall (Old School) every Tuesday from 2pm to 4pm; it only charges £1.50, which includes tea and biscuits. New members and visitors always welcome.
ST ERTH FEAST COMMITTEE:
Halloween/Bonfire Party; from 6pm Saturday November 2 at the Star Inn. There will be a fun disco for children from 6pm, with fancy dress competition, followed by the lighting of the Bonfire and Scarecrow competition at the end of the car park. Food will be available.
ST ERTH CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COMMITTEE:
The committee would like to hear from anyone that would be prepared to offer practical help at any future events. Please contact Bob Young 01736 753348 if you are prepared to help. The light switch on this year will be on Saturday 7 December.
SPACE TO MOVE:
Sunday, 13 October from 3 to 5pm at St Erth Church Hall (Old School). Do you love to move and dance?
If you do, then come and join us. A space to let go in and take yourself on a deeply moving dancing journey. All welcome come and join the dance. £10 for the session. For more information please contact Sonya 07791 338545; 01736 331471; gatheringbliss.org
ST ERTH CONCERT BAND:
Are you a brass or woodwind player looking for a Band to join? New members are always welcome. Rehearsals are on Tuesday evenings in the Methodist Church Hall from 7.30 to 9.30pm. Come along and meet the Band and Becky, our Musical Director. For further information contact Sylvia the Band Secretary on 01736 752605 or find out more about us us on our website at