ST ERTH FEAST COMMITTEE:
A Cheese & Wine evening has been arranged for 7pm Friday February 23 at St Erth Old School Room.
Tickets £5, which includes a Video Quiz and Raffle can be obtained from the village shop or the farmers market.
ST ERTH PARISH LUNCH:
The next St Erth Parish Lunch will be on Thursday March 1 at 12 for 12.30pm at St Erth Church Hall.
Traditional cottage Pie with carrots and spring greens followed by Treacle Sponge with custard or Cheese and Biscuits and coffee or tea. Tickets at £6 can be obtained from Kathy Tilby 01736 756805, or the Village Shop. The lunch is open to everyone.
On Saturday the Farmers Market is in the chapel hall from 10am to 12 noon, selling fresh local vegetables, free range eggs, artisan bread, fantastic fresh fish, delicious cakes, home made quiches and pies, locally produced organic beef, pork, bacon and sausages. Enjoy a cup of coffee and a chat with this week’s refreshment hosts, the St Erth Concert Band.
ST ERTH FEAST COMMITTEE:
The next whist drive will be held at 7.30pm on Monday February 19 at the Star Inn, St Erth. All are welcome.
ST ERTH CHURCH:
This Sunday February 18, service times are 8am, Eucharist; 9.30am, Parish Eucharist.
• On Wednesday February 21 there will be Lent Candlelight & Contemplation from 6pm to 8pm. Listen to Taize chants as you make your journey round the cross and add your light to the spiral. Stay as long as you like in an atmosphere of quiet contemplation and candlelight.
• 99 Club winners were drawn on Sunday January 21 by Jorja Bowden the winner was No 51 Roger Evans; second No 71 Rowena Blakely; third No 22 Stuart McClean; fourth No 5 Josie Watson. Each number costs £1 for the fortnightly draw. For those that like to pay their annual subscriptions the cost is £26.00 per number; currently there are some spare numbers available. If anyone would like to support the church please contact Frank Nolan 01736 756179.
ST ERTH PLAYERS:
The St Erth Players present “Don’t Get Your Vicars’ in a Twist” in the Chapel Hall in St Erth. Performances on Thursday March 8, Friday March 9 and Saturday March 10, curtain up 7.30pm. Tickets £6.00 each and of course there will be our usual amazing raffle. Any profits are distributed amongst other village organisations. Please come and support us in this evening of fun and laughter, tickets from Roger Evans 01736 754681, Kathy Tilby 01736 756805, Village Shop or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Book early to avoid disappointment!
The next meeting of the club will be Tuesday 20 February at St Erth Old School Room. The Club meets every Tuesday from 2pm to 4pm; it only charges £1.50, which includes tea and biscuits.
ST ERTH METHODISTS:
Sunday’s worship was led by Pastor Rodney Orr with Mrs Pamela Williams the organist. Rodney read from various parts of the Bible concentrating on five of the many invitations from God in the Bible. He read the five invitations and expanded on each of them: the invitation from God to 'Come to Him' to 'Take on His yoke,' 'To learn from Him,' 'To Follow Him,' and ’To believe.' We all like invitations and these are from God who wants us to spend time getting to know Him because He loves us so much.
• This Sunday's service with Lasers for young people will be led, God willing, by Mr David Smith, everyone most welcome.
Then from 4-6pm there will be 'Messy Church' with fun, games, craft, short worship and food. This is a free event for families to enjoy a couple of hours together.
• Tomorrow Friday - Rainbow Youth Group meets in the Chapel hall from 4.30-approx 5.30pm, open to all 8-13 year olds.
• Tuesday - Early Morning Prayers from 7.15-8am in the Parish Rooms, please come and join in this prayer time.
• 'Tea and Toast' follows from 10.30-12 noon in the Chapel hall. Open to everyone, just drop in and relax for a while, have a chat with company, join in some craft or catch up on the news in the newspapers.
The St Erth Twinning Association has arranged an Italian Night for Saturday February 17, 7pm for 7.30pm, in the Church Hall. Three courses with coffee, £10 per person. (Bring your own drinks).
Telephone 01736 756007 to book.
• On Saturday March 17 there will be a Good As New Market in St Erth Church Hall. Stalls will be available for just £5. Details to follow
• On Saturday March 24 there will be a Fun Quiz in the St Erth Church Hall. Details to follow.
ST ERTH CONCERT BAND:
On Saturday it is the Band’s turn to be the hosts for the Coffee Morning at the Farmers’ Market from 10 am to 12 noon.
Rehearsals are on Tuesday evenings at the Methodist Church Hall from 7.30 to 9.30 pm. New members are always welcome. You can find out more about the Band on our website at www.sterthconcertband.co.uk. To contact the Band please ring Sylvia, the Band Secretary, on 01736 752605.
ST ERTH CHURCH SUMMER OUTING SATURDAY 16 JUNE 2018:
Subject to demand the summer outing this year will include coach to Paignton, Steam Train to Kingswear, and passenger ferry to Dartmouth. Return home by coach, leaving Dartmouth about 4.00pm. Cost £27 for adults; £16 children. If interested please email email@example.com or Tel 01736 756179