CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COMMITTEE:
The village lights are now in the process of being placed in position. We will be doing this task on each Saturday and Sunday until the job is done. We meet at Belmont, 8 Fore Street at 10.00am. Please come along or perhaps persuade someone else to! Contact Bob Young 01736 753348.
On Saturday the Farmers Market is in the chapel hall from 10am to 12 noon with fresh local vegetables, free range eggs, fantastic fresh fish, locally produced organic beef, pork, sausages and bacon, variety bread, home made quiches, hot curries, flowers, cards and craft. Then enjoy a cup of coffee and a chat with this week's refreshment hosts; St Erth Children's Centre.
There are some vacancies for stall holders who would be committed to coming on a regular basis. The market thrives when our customers know that what they wish to buy will be there. It is a very friendly and sociable environment. Please contact Marilyn 01736 757030 for further information.
ST ERTH CHURCH:
This Sunday November 12 there will be a 9.30am Service with the Brownies & Methodist Chapel followed by the Remembrance service at the Cenotaph at 11.00am. All welcome. There will not be an 8.00am service.
• This year’s Christmas Fayre, with Father Christmas in attendance, will take place on Saturday November 18 at 2.30pm in the Old School Room; there will be various stalls, cakes, preserves, crafts, tombola, gifts, cards, white elephant, refreshments and a raffle. Donations of raffle prizes would be much appreciated.
• There will be a quiz for the restoration fund on Saturday November 25 in the Old School Room at 7.15pm. There will be Meat and Vegetarian Chilli available. Please bring your own drinks. Cost £2.50 per person for the quiz and £4.00 for food. To book a table please contact Ian Alford, Tel - 07968 692303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• 99 Club winners were drawn on Sunday November 5 by Ruby Smith: the winner was No 20 Kathy Tilby; second No 40 Pam Harvey; third No 64 George Lawry; fourth No 97 Frank Nolan. Each number costs £1 for the fortnightly draw. For those that like to pay their annual subscriptions the cost is £26.00 per number; currently there are some spare numbers available. If anyone would like to support the church please contact Frank Nolan 01736 756179.
St Erth Church Restoration Fund has arranged a shopping visit by coach to Exeter on Saturday December 2. All profits will be used towards the refurbishment of the Old School Room.
The collection points will be as follows: 8am Penzance; 8.15 Goldsithney,8.30am St Erth Church; 8.35 Water Lane (Trellisick Road); 8.40 Foundry Square; 8.45 Hayle War Memorial; 8.50 Copperhouse. The cost will be £15 for adults and £8 for children. Contact Frank Nolan 01736 756179, to book a place.
Last week the bring and buy table looked great and the sale of goods was a great success. Thanks to all the members who came along and participated.
Next Tuesday November 14 there will be a lunch at a venue to be advised; on Tuesday November 21 Mr & Mrs Poad will give a presentation with slides; on Tuesday November 28 there will be a Christmas Quiz; an on Tuesday December 5 members will have the last meeting before the Christmas break.
The Club meets every Tuesday from 2pm to 4pm; it only charges £1.50, which includes tea and biscuits. It has now returned to the refurbished Old School Room. For more information contact Nora Hitchens on 01736 757308.
ST ERTH METHODISTS:
Sunday’s worship was led by Mr Alex Sheffield with Mrs Nora Hitchens the organist. Alex read from 1Samuel ch. 9 of how Saul a man from a small clan of the smallest tribe - Benjamin, was chosen by God to be the first king of Israel as the people of Israel wanted a king like the pagans that lived around them. Alex explained that God uses the ordinary for His extraordinary purposes. If we do our ordinary jobs and tasks well, to the best of our ability at some point God will use us - maybe we may think it is small and of no importance but in the big picture it may be extraordinary or miraculous.
• This Sunday we will join the Parish Church for the Remembrance Day Service at 9.30am and at the war memorial at 10.45am everyone very welcome.
• Today, Thursday, Rev Terry Higgins be looking at Jesus' words in the Bible, you will be most welcome to come to this informal group meeting in the Chapel Hall from 10.30 to 12 noon.
• Tomorrow, Friday, from 4.30-5.30pm (approx), the Rainbow Group for all 8-13 year olds meets; there will be cooking, craft and games. All leaders DBS checked
• Tuesday’s Early Morning United Prayers are in the Parish Rooms from 7.15-8am; everyone welcome to come to this prayer time.
• Tea and Toast” is also on Tuesdays, from 10.30am-12 noon in the chapel hall, with crafts, games, company and conversation
ST ERTH CONCERT BAND:
On Friday night November 10 the band will taking part in a Remembrance Concert at All Saints Church, Marazion. The concert starts at 7pm and as well as music from the band there are two guest soloists and readings from band members. Donations will be in aid of the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal.
Rehearsals are on Tuesday evenings at the Methodist Church Hall from 7.30 to 9.30 pm. New members are always welcome. Are you a brass or woodwind player looking for a band to join please contact our Bandmaster, Lester Knight, on 01209 890026 for further information. To book the band please contact Eirian on 01209 718477 or via our website at www.sterthconcertband.co.uk For other enquiries ring Sylvia, the band secretary, on 01736 752605.
ST ERTH FEAST COMMITTEE:
The next whist drive will be held at 7.30pm on Monday November 20 the Star Inn, St Erth. All are welcome.
HEYL ST PIRAN’S SINGERS & ST ERTH CONCERT BAND:
A concert has been arranged on Saturday 9 December at 7.00pm in St Erth Church with Heyl St Piran’s Singers and St Erth Concert Band, to be followed by refreshments. This is in aid of St Petroc’s Society.
ST ERTH TWINNINING ASSOCIATION FAMILY FUN QUIZ:
Sunday December 10 at 2.00pm in The Old School Room, St Erth. The quiz will be most suitable for youngsters, so no adult teams. Refreshments will be available and there will be a Christmas raffle. Come along for a fun afternoon!