FRIENDS OF ST ERTH SCHOOL.
A quiz has been arranged for this Friday at the Old School Room. 7pm for 7.30pm. Everyone welcome. Teams of up to 4. £3 per person or £5 to include a pasty. Tickets on sale at the village shop or the Star Inn.
ST ERTH FEAST COMMITTEE:
The annual Easter Egg Hunt will commence at 1pm and the Duck Race at 2pm on Good Friday March 30. Duck boards to sponsor the Duck Race are available in the village shop and the Star Inn.
• The next whist drive will be held at 7.30pm on Monday March 19 at the Star Inn, St Erth. All are welcome.
On Saturday the Farmers Market is in the chapel hall from 10am to 12 noon, selling fresh local vegetables, free range eggs, fresh local fish, organic pork, bacon, sausages and beef, artisan bread, homemade quiche and pies, homemade cakes, flowers and crafts. This week's refreshment hosts are St Erth School.
ST ERTH CHURCH:
This Sunday March 18, service times are 8am, Eucharist; 9.30am, Parish Eucharist.
- The church has only four cleaners at the moment! So, a cleaning morning has been arranged for Thursday March 22 to have a major cleaning exercise to take the pressure off the team of dedicated cleaners. This will start at 10am and probably take about two hours and will be followed by a light lunch. Please bring your own dusters and polish. Please contact Barbara Read 01736 758233 to volunteer or to go on the cleaning rota.
The Club meets every in the Old School Room every Tuesday from 2pm to 4pm; it only charges £1.50, which includes tea and biscuits. New members and visitors always welcome.
- Next Tuesday March 20 members will be entertained by the Musical Duo Carol and Sue,
- on Tuesday March 27 there will be an Easter Table decoration competition; and
- on Tuesday April 3 there will be a Bingo afternoon.
ST ERTH METHODISTS:
Sunday's worship was led by Mr Tony Rowe. As it was mothering Sunday his talk to the children was about how it was as a child 200 years ago on Mothering Sunday. He then spoke to the congregation about Mary the mother of Jesus from Luke chapter 1.
- Next Sunday's service will be led by Rev Terry Higgins with Lasers for the young people. All welcome at 11am.
- Also on Sunday, there will be Messy Church from 4pm to 6pm in the Methodist hall. All children welcome and must be accompanied by a responsible adult. There will be fun crafts, songs, a story and a meal. It is free and is run by Churches together in St Erth.
- Tomorrow Friday; Rainbow Youth Group meets in the Chapel hall from 4.30-approx 5.30pm, open to all 8-13 year olds.
- Tuesday; Early Morning Prayers from 7.15-8am in the Parish Rooms, please come and join in this prayer time.
- Tea and Toast' follows from 10.30-12 noon in the Chapel hall. Open to everyone, just drop in and relax for a while, have a chat with company, join in some craft or catch up on the news in the newspapers.
This Saturday March 17 there will be a Good As New Sale in St Erth Church Hall from 10.00am to 12.30pm. Donate goods to be sold for the Twinning Association or hire a table for £5 plus a small donation to sell your own goods, crafts, jams etc. Contact Cheryl Macleod 01736 753551
- On Saturday March 24 there will be a Fun Quiz in the St Erth Church Hall. Cost £2.50 per person. Teams of four. Chilli & Rice £4.00 (vegetarian option available). Telephone Margaret Stockton 01736 756007 to book a team.
ST ERTH CONCERT BAND:
On Tuesday you are invited to our March Madness FUNdraising Concert at 7.30pm in the Methodist Church Hall, admission free. There will be a varied selection of the music from the Band, the Saxophone Section will be playing and also there is a euphonium duet, a raffle, refreshments and more. Additional information on Facebook @sterthconcertband or our website at www.sterthconcertband.co.uk. To contact the band please ring Sylvia on 01736 752605.
ST ERTH CHURCH COACH TO IKEA EXETER:
If there is enough interest, there will be a coach from St Erth Church leaving at 9.30am Wednesday 23 May with the various picks up in Hayle. Provisional cost £15. Please advise by Saturday March 20. The deadline has been extended because numbers are close to the break even point. Contact Frank Nolan 01736 756179
ST ERTH CHURCH SUMMER OUTING SATURDAY 16 JUNE 2018:
The summer outing this year will include coach to Paignton, Steam Train to Kingswear, and passenger ferry to Dartmouth. Return home by coach, leaving Dartmouth about 4.00pm. Cost £27 for adults; £16 children. If interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 01736 756179
ST ERTH PARISH LUNCH:
The next St Erth Parish Lunch will be on Thursday April 5, at 12 for 12.30pm at St Erth Church Hall. The menu will consist of Lamb Hotpot with Seasonal Vegetables, followed by Apple Crumble with custard or cheese and biscuits and tea or coffee. Tickets at £6 can be obtained from Kathy Tilby, on 756805, or the Village Shop. The lunch is open to everyone.
EXERCISE FOR THE OVER 50’S
A regular exercise class now takes place every Monday from 10am to 11am in St Erth Church Hall. This is suitable for all fitness levels. Contact Claire 0779 204 6151 for details.