On Saturday the Farmers Market is in the chapel hall from 10am to 12 noon, selling fresh local vegetables, free range eggs, locally produced organic beef, pork, sausages and bacon, artisan bread, fantastic fresh fish, home-made pasties, pies and quiches, delicious cakes, flowers, cards and craft. Then enjoy a cup of coffee and a chat with this week's refreshment hosts; The Rainbow Youth Group.
St Erth Church Restoration Fund has arranged a shopping visit by coach to Exeter on Saturday December 7. Assorted pick up points from St Erth to Hayle from 8.30 to 9.00am The cost will be £16 for adults and £8 for children. Contact Frank Nolan 01736 756179, firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.
ST ERTH CHURCH:
This Sunday 17 November; 9.30am Service of the Word (No Eucharist).
- This year’s Christmas Fayre, with Father Christmas in attendance, will take place this Saturday November 16 at 2.30pm, at the Church Hall (Old School). There will be various stalls, Cakes, Preserves, Crafts, Cards, White Elephant, Raffle, Tombola, Refreshments, Gifts and a raffle. Donations of raffle prizes would be much appreciated.
- 99 Club winners were drawn on Sunday November 10 by Derek Tilby the winner was No 34 Michele Young; second No 24 John Bryson; third No 80 Joyce Darvell. Each number costs £1 for the fortnightly draw. For those that like to pay their annual subscriptions the cost is £26.00 per number; currently there are some spare numbers available. If anyone would like to support the church please contact Frank Nolan 01736 756179.
ST ERTH METHODISTS:
Last Sunday we joined our friends at the Parish Church for the Service of Remembrance.
- This Sunday’s worship with Lasers for young people will be led, God willing, by Pastor Rodney Orr. Everyone very welcome at 11am.
- Today, Thursday, Bible Study with Rev Ed in the Chapel kitchen. Come along and find out how the Bible is very relevant to life today. Open to all from11-12 noon.
- Tomorrow, Rainbow Youth Group meets in the Chapel Hall from 4.30-approx.5.30pm, open to all 8 to 13 year-olds.
- Tuesday Morning Prayers in the Chapel kitchen from 9.15-10am. Please come and join with us in prayer time.
- 'Tea and Toast' follows from 10.30-12 noon with company, conversation and craft so just pop in and relax for a while. Everybody welcome.
This Sunday November 17 from 4-6pm, this will be the last one for this year so bring your family and enjoy time together with fun, games, craft, short worship and food, something for everyone
Next Tuesday November 19, members will go out for lunch;
- on Tuesday November 26 there will be a Christmas Table Decorations competition; and
- on Tuesday December 3 will be the last meeting before Christmas and then there will be a break until Tuesday 4 February.
CORNWALL AIR AMBULANCE CHARITY QUIZ:
7pm Saturday November 16 at the Star Inn; Quiz, Raffle, Auction & Silent Auction with Tremendous Prizes.
ST IVES CORK AN BABOR GROUP:
Traditional Cornish pub songs and sea shanties; 8pm Tuesday November 19 at the Star Inn.
ST ERTH CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COMMITTEE:
The committee would like to hear from anyone that would be prepared to offer practical help at any future events. Please contact Bob Young 01736 753348 if you are prepared to help. The light switch on this year will be on Saturday 7 December.
THE BIG QUIZ NIGHT:
Saturday 30 November at St Erth Church Hall (Old School);6.30pm for Food (Jackets & Cake); 7.30pm for Quiz. Email email@example.com or leave a message on 01736 757033. Entry by donations on the night.
Organised by the Godrevy Team Ministry to raise funds for the Tear Fund Charity.
ST ERTH FILM CLUB:
The next film will be “The Greatest Showman” on Saturday December 14 at the St Erth Church Hall (Old School). Doors open 7pm, Film 7.30pm. Entry £3 for members, £6 for non-members. New membership from now on will expire December 2020. Contact Joyce Darvell 757169.
ST ERTH CONCERT BAND:
On Saturday, November 16 the Band will be playing at the Porthleven Christmas Fayre from 11am to 1pm. Rehearsals are on Tuesday evenings in the Methodist Church Hall from 7.30 to 9.30pm. New members are always welcome. Come along and meet the Band and Becky, our Musical Director. or contact Sylvia the Band Secretary on 01736 752605 for further information and find out more about us on our website at